22:00:46 <gregdek> #startmeeting infra/town hall, 18 January 2012
22:00:46 <eucabot|test> Meeting started Wed Jan 18 22:00:46 2012 UTC.  The chair is gregdek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
22:00:46 <eucabot|test> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
22:00:50 <gregdek> #meetingname infra
22:00:50 <eucabot|test> The meeting name has been set to 'infra'
22:01:04 * gregdek mutters about the weirdness of two meetings in one.
22:01:07 <gregdek> Anyway. :)
22:01:10 <gregdek> #topic Roll Call
22:01:12 <gregdek> Who's about?
22:01:19 <obino> o/
22:01:29 <gholms> Blargh
22:01:41 <gregdek> \o
22:01:45 <bteachenor> hello
22:02:23 <gregdek> ok, a tidy handful of folks.
22:02:39 <gregdek> #topic Open Infra Issues
22:03:07 <gregdek> https://projects.eucalyptus.com/redmine/projects/community-infrastructure/issues
22:03:23 <gregdek> .proj 95
22:03:24 <eucabot|test> gregdek: Issue 95 (New): Allow users to join/request-membership to groups on their own - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/95
22:03:37 <gregdek> #topic Allow users to join/request-membership to groups on their own -  https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/95
22:04:03 <gregdek> Filed by Mel Chua, who was puzzled at the mechanism for joining up.
22:04:38 <gregdek> I agree, it's an issue.
22:04:39 <obino> lol mechanism? that implied thoughts
22:05:00 <obino> my understanding is that LDAP (IDM) is needed for the user poartl
22:05:16 <obino> actually scrap all my thinking
22:05:19 <gholms> That's going to be fun.
22:05:22 <obino> I was talking about something else
22:05:28 * obino goes back under the desk
22:05:48 * bteachenor going to rack servers...
22:05:50 <gregdek> Yeah, Mel's concern is a fair one here: the mechanisms for joining a particular project are in no way apparent.  High barrier to entry.
22:06:24 <gregdek> We currently say, in some cases, "email the owner of the group to join".
22:06:39 <obino> we do say that on the front page
22:06:52 <obino> is just lost though
22:07:01 <obino> it would be nice to have a button asking to join
22:07:24 <gregdek> The cost of implementation is likely to be quite high in the short term, though, I'm guessing.
22:08:10 <gregdek> Sigh. I'll note in the ticket for now.
22:08:25 <obino> we can test the plug-in proposed though
22:09:13 <gholms> obino: http://uwanted2know.com/images/join_button.jpg
22:09:35 <obino> lol
22:09:42 <gregdek> I've set it to low, but Obino, if you want to take a crack at it, I can hand it to you.
22:10:08 <obino> not yet: I'm off to scale and my plate is full. Let's discuss it next week
22:10:18 <gregdek> ok. I'll keep on my plate for now.
22:10:25 <gregdek> Next:
22:11:17 <gregdek> .proj 80
22:11:17 <eucabot|test> gregdek: Issue 80 (New): Login: clicking "stay logged in" causes internal server error - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/80
22:11:28 <gregdek> #topic ogin: clicking "stay logged in" causes internal server error -  https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/80
22:11:44 <obino> duh ...
22:11:52 <obino> didn't do anything with it yet
22:12:02 <obino> web-team is jammed with the unified web site
22:12:07 <gregdek> Yep.
22:12:24 <gregdek> One of those "deal with the pain for now" issues.
22:12:31 <gregdek> Moving on:
22:12:45 <gregdek> .proj 78
22:12:46 <eucabot|test> gregdek: Issue 78 (New): Added a perpetual log for #eucalyptus, #eucalyptus-meeting maybe - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/78
22:12:53 <gregdek> #topic Issue 78 (New): Added a perpetual log for #eucalyptus, #eucalyptus-meeting maybe -  https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/78
22:13:29 <gregdek> gholms: this one is assigned to you...
22:14:03 <obino> I see gholms wandering around .. it must be afk
22:14:09 <gregdek> Yeah, I know he's busy.
22:14:23 <gregdek> Looks like this is a meeting full of "yeeeeah, we should do that, no I haven't had time."  :)
22:15:08 <gregdek> So we'll just move on again.
22:15:29 <gregdek> .proj 68
22:15:30 <eucabot|test> gregdek: Issue 68 (New): HOWTO for running a project - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/68
22:15:39 <gregdek> #topic  Issue 68 (New): HOWTO for running a project - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/68
22:15:51 <gregdek> I've got a draft here, so this is half-done, no update to it as of yet.
22:16:21 <gregdek> obino: if you have feedback, maybe you could add to ticket at some point, as you were the requestor.
22:17:18 <gregdek> No comments there, so moving on:
22:17:23 <obino> ok will do
22:17:48 <gregdek> .proj 66
22:17:49 <eucabot|test> gregdek: Issue 66 (New): Get a X.509 certificate for meetbot.eucalyptus.com - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/66
22:17:58 <gregdek> #topic Issue 66 (New): Get a X.509 certificate for meetbot.eucalyptus.com - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/66
22:18:32 <obino> we have the cert: gholms and I need to sit for 2 hours to get this done
22:18:47 <gregdek> Finding those two hours is the trick right now.  :)
22:18:57 <obino> indeed ...
22:18:59 <obino> sigh
22:19:26 <gregdek> 'sok. Just points out areas of need. A dedicated community infrastructure person may be more necessary than we thought.
22:19:40 <gregdek> That's a good thing to know.
22:19:43 <gregdek> OK, moving on:
22:20:03 <gregdek> Issue 28 is dependent on 66, so we'll skip that.
22:20:12 <gregdek> And 81 is low, so we'll skip that too.
22:20:26 <gregdek> That's all the opens.  Any questions/comments about any of those?
22:21:14 <gregdek> Sounds like a no, so we'll move on to Open Floor:
22:21:20 <gregdek> #topic Open Floor
22:21:53 <gregdek> Any ol' community question, issue, topic, rant, complaint, what have you.
22:22:04 <gregdek> Or, everyone could just get back to work. :)
22:23:32 <obino> assuming that we left work for the meeting lol
22:23:41 <gregdek> And seeing no comments in the last minute plus... :)
22:23:59 <gregdek> As obino says, I presume that everyone is heads down, so we'll just call it.
22:24:03 <gregdek> Any objection?
22:24:19 <gregdek> Okeydoke.
22:24:21 <gregdek> #endmeeting