#eucalyptus-meeting: Eucalyptus Images meeting, 9 December 2011

Meeting started by gregdek at 19:02:30 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. roll call (gregdek, 19:03:07)
    1. http://meetbot.eucalyptus.com/meeting-logs/eucalyptus-meeting/2011-12-02/eucalyptus-meeting.2011-12-02-19.01.html (gregdek, 19:05:47)

  2. Old Business (gregdek, 19:05:53)
  3. hspencer gives updates (gregdek, 19:07:27)
    1. RT tickets were put in for Starter EMI page being published, and renaming URLs for Image Creator Guides (hspencer, 19:08:06)
    2. worked with Ian. All old EMIs are moved to emis.eucalyptus.com (hspencer, 19:09:14)
    3. Ian created a python script to replace lists.pl that is used on eucalyptussoftware.com that lists the EMIs (hspencer, 19:10:49)
    4. the python script reads the tar-gzipped EMIs that we stored in Walrus that folks can download via the emis.eucalyptus.com instance (hspencer, 19:11:32)
    5. emis.eucalytpus.com is an instance that is using varnish (hspencer, 19:11:51)
    6. ACTION: review Ian's python script for listing contents in Walrus bucket. Add script to projects (hspencer, 19:13:03)
    7. kristina is working with me on renaming the URLs and having redirects to the link Archived Eucalyptus Certified EMIs (hspencer, 19:13:48)
    8. reviewed policies with Graziano cocnerning EMis (hspencer, 19:14:24)
    9. ACTION: RT tickets to update instance infrastructure to have load balanced enironment for emis.euclayptus.com, and have a landing page for emis.eucalyptus.com (hspencer, 19:19:32)
    10. ACTION: gregdek will create eustore project and hand the keys to dak419 (gregdek, 19:25:22)
    11. https://projects.eucalyptus.com/redmine/projects/eustore (gregdek, 19:28:48)
    12. http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Plugin_List (gregdek, 19:39:02)
    13. ACTION: gregdek will file ticket integration with RT as an issue in the infra queue (gregdek, 19:40:39)

  4. Issue 14 (New): 2.6.32 from debian sees xvda instead of sda - https://projects.eucalyptus.com/issues/14 (gregdek, 19:41:54)
  5. New business (gregdek, 19:44:55)
  6. New meeting time (gregdek, 19:46:16)
    1. ACTION: gregdek will run whenisgood for new meeting time (gregdek, 19:52:50)
    2. AGREED: meetings will move to 9am Pacific on Fridays (gregdek, 19:53:23)
    3. AGREED: PSYCH. gregdek will run whenisgood. (gregdek, 19:54:43)

  7. Image GPL Compliance (gregdek, 19:56:44)
    1. When we design the eustore service we need to take source distribution into account. (gholms, 19:56:52)

  8. image store versus recipe store (gregdek, 20:06:54)
    1. http://cssoss.wordpress.com/ (koolhead17, 20:18:51)
    2. Evidence tells us that users have pain in building images. (gregdek, 20:43:02)
    3. Users would still rather have their own custom images that stock images in many cases. (gregdek, 20:43:23)
    4. ACTION: gregdek will learn more about boxgrinder and other potential open tools for image building. (gregdek, 20:43:57)


Meeting ended at 20:44:20 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. review Ian's python script for listing contents in Walrus bucket. Add script to projects
  2. RT tickets to update instance infrastructure to have load balanced enironment for emis.euclayptus.com, and have a landing page for emis.eucalyptus.com
  3. gregdek will create eustore project and hand the keys to dak419
  4. gregdek will file ticket integration with RT as an issue in the infra queue
  5. gregdek will run whenisgood for new meeting time
  6. gregdek will learn more about boxgrinder and other potential open tools for image building.


Action items, by person

  1. dak419
    1. gregdek will create eustore project and hand the keys to dak419
  2. gregdek
    1. gregdek will create eustore project and hand the keys to dak419
    2. gregdek will file ticket integration with RT as an issue in the infra queue
    3. gregdek will run whenisgood for new meeting time
    4. gregdek will learn more about boxgrinder and other potential open tools for image building.
  3. UNASSIGNED
    1. review Ian's python script for listing contents in Walrus bucket. Add script to projects
    2. RT tickets to update instance infrastructure to have load balanced enironment for emis.euclayptus.com, and have a landing page for emis.eucalyptus.com


People present (lines said)

  1. gregdek (207)
  2. hspencer (129)
  3. gholms (61)
  4. dak419 (34)
  5. cpt_yesterday (22)
  6. koolhead17 (10)
  7. eucabot|test (6)
  8. sdziallas (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.